For ten weeks in 1817 a cobbler’s daughter from Devon convinced the great and good of Bristol that she was Princess Caraboo, daughter of the King of Javasu.
Ten years later Mary Baker returned to the city – to live in Bedminster and earn her living doing something very different. She would live here for the rest of her life.
This is her true, remarkable story.
Thanks to the Welcome Back Fund and Bedminster Business Improvement District it’s free – but you need to book.
- Meet/start: Ebenezer Pocket Park, 48 North Street, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 1EN
- Outdoor performance. Ends close by.
- Cost: Free, advance booking only via link below
- Lasts: approx. 30 minutes
- Dates + Times: 4pm & 6pm Friday 25 March, 4pm & 6pm Saturday 26 March, 11am and 3pm Sunday 27 March, please see booking link